Secret Cinema stages zombie thriller 28 Days Later
- Credit: Archant
Post-apocalyptic zombie thriller 28 Days Later is the latest movie to be staged by Secret Cinema, in its first foray into the horror genre.
Secret Cinema has drummed up a massive cult following for its immersive cinema concept, which usually asks participants to sign up to watch an unknown film in an undisclosed location.
They are asked to dress up in character and then get to live the movie before watching it on the screen.
Prepare to be chased by zombies in their adaptation of Danny Boyle’s 2002 British cult classic, starring Cillian Murphy as Jim, a bicycle courier who awakes from a coma to find that a virus has spread amongst the populace, resulting in complete societal collapse.
Fabien Riggall, founder and creative director of Secret Cinema has promised it will be a “suitably frightening and exhilarating experience”.
You may also want to watch:
The 28 Days Later show is part of the Secret Cinema Presents series and the first major show in 2016 following its success in staging Star Wars last year and Back to the Future in 2014.
The group also staged Shawshank Redemption at the former Cardinal Pole School near Victoria Park in 2012.
- 1 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 2 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 3 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 4 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 5 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 6 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 7 New Exhibition celebrates Hackney scenes
- 8 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets
- 9 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 10 Hackney welcomes back eager gym-goers and swimmers
The show runs until May 29.
Tickets cost £64.50, and NHS staff, armed forces, teachers and student card holders can get a concessionary rate of £40 on Wednesdays.
Tickets are on sale at www.secretcinema.org/tickets.