Artists from around the world exhibit in Shoreditch event
- Credit: Dan Bone
Artists from across the world are exhibiting at a pop up exhibition in Shoreditch.
The First At Last exhibition, organised by Galleria Balmain will feature work from artists in the UK and from countries such as India, Germany, Ireland, France and Greece.
Event organiser Colin Taylor, who is the owner of online curator website Galleria Balmain, said: “Like everyone, artists have suffered from the pandemic and I wanted to give some very talented individuals the opportunity to show their work directly to the public rather than just through our online gallery."
The work on display at 188 Shoreditch High Street will include sculpture, photography, jewellery, pen and ink and painting in a variety of styles, disciplines and media.
The exhibition is free to the public and is open seven days week, opening at 10am and closing at 8pm from Monday to Saturday, and from 11am to 4pm on Sundays.
Artist Andrew Aarons added: “After almost two years without art exhibitions in ordinary high street galleries this exhibition is a wonderful opportunity for us to show our work to the clamouring public."
- 1 Four Hackney and Islington properties with amazing skyline views
- 2 Artisan coffee house opens in Angel Central following £16m refurbishment
- 3 Man rushed to hospital following Stoke Newington stabbing
- 4 'Catastrophic consequences': Hundreds of unvaccinated could lose work at Homerton Hospital
- 5 Haggerston celebrates the Chinese Lunar New Year
- 6 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 7 Dalston delivery drivers demand shelter, safety and 'dignity'
- 8 Shoreditch floral café blooms at new premises in Bethnal Green
- 9 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 10 Three jailed after 'horrific' revenge attack on teenage boy near Finsbury Park