Shoreditch pub Queen of Hoxton transformed into Marrakesh rooftop riad
- Credit: Mothership Group
It’s that time of year again when the rooftop at the Queen of Hoxton undergoes a transformation.
This year the theme is the Marrakesh medina, and the top floor of the pub in Curtain Road has been turned into a rooftop riad hideaway, inspired by the African country’s far-flung desert realms and romantic splendour.
The wigwam has been kitted out with a treasure trove of brightly coloured baboushe slippers, ceramic tiles, twinkling lanterns, cushions and drapes.
Outside the Jardin Majorelle, of Yves Saint Laurent’s garden has inspired the décor with green cacti set against cobalt blue walls, canopies of fairy lights and cast iron fire pits.
Hot drinks include cocktails with spiced buttered rum and a vegan version of egg nog, with almond milk, rum and cinnamon.
You may also want to watch:
Food includes halloumi fries, a Sherpa’s tagine of lamb and apricot and a vegan mezze board with pistachio falafel, spiced kibbe, flatbread and beetroot hummus.
- 1 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 2 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 3 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 4 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 5 Calling anyone born on this day in 1982 for a documentary
- 6 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 7 £3m Hackney Central station revamp begins
- 8 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 9 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 10 Sistah Space launches charity shop to help domestic abuse survivors