Strazzanti hosts four more Sicilian supper clubs in Hackney
- Credit: Archant
Head chef Emilia Strazzanti will prepare a five-course feast that pairs Sicilian cooking with east London produce
If you missed out on the Strazzanti sisters’ first supper-club event this summer, all is not lost.
Following the sold-out success of their appearance at Hackney City Farm in July, head chef Emilia is back to put on four candlelit dinners at the Hackney Coffee Company this autumn – with two dates in October and two in November.
This one is a genuine fusion of Sicilian cooking and east London ingredients, with Emilia cooking up a five-course menu that showcases local suppliers including E5 Bakehouse, Burro e Silvia and Hackney Gelato.
“I grew up around Sicilian cooking and spent countless hours with my nonno in the kitchen,” says Emilia, who runs Strazzanti with her sisters Nina and Sofia.
You may also want to watch:
“Sicilian and Italian food encapsulates simplicity in flavour and therefore the highest quality produce is a must,” she continues.
“Strazzanti was founded also to give back to the Sicilian land by supporting local Sicilian producers who, like Strazzanti, are continuing to pass on our heritage through food. To work alongside and support the local heroes of east London as well as Sicily is what Strazzanti is about, it’s a community.”
- 1 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 2 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 3 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 4 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 5 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 6 New photography book celebrates Hackney’s residents of all ages
- 7 New Exhibition celebrates Hackney scenes
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Hackney welcomes back eager gym-goers and swimmers
- 10 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets
Strazzanti’s latest run of supper clubs takes place at Hackney Coffee Company, which will come dressed in flowers and foliage from McQueens – the florist on Cambridge Heath Road – for the occasion. There are to be pre-dinner cocktails from the host venue before Emilia’s tasting menu takes centre stage.
British-born to Sicilian and Neapolitan parents, Emilia’s impressive CV includes stints working in the kitchens at Anton Moismann, The Dorchester Hotel and Paris’ three Michelin-starred Le Meurice restaurant.
Once guests have settled in with a selection of aperitivo, Emilia’s team will lay on an antipasti course followed by the star of the show main course; a slow-cooked pork rib sugo made in partnership with Burro e Salvia, the Shoreditch-based homemade pasta specialist. The Strazzanti supper club will round off proceedings with two sweet courses including a collaboration with Hackney Gelato.
The Sicilian Supper Club is at Hackney Coffee Company on Oct 18 & 19 and Nov 29 & 30. Tickets are £37.50, and you can get them here