Team behind Secret Cinema to stage Saturday Night Fever
- Credit: Archant
The gritty, glitzy 70s club world of Saturday Night Fever is the latest film being staged at The Troxy as part of the immersive Future Cinema experience.
Restored 1930s cinema, The Troxy, will be transformed into the Brooklyn disco club, the 2001 Odyssey, by the team behind the hugely-popular Secret Cinema.
While Secret Cinema film-buffs sign up not knowing what film they will see or where, Future Cinema provides the immersive experience without the mystery.
They are promising a colourful, dance-fuelled retro-vintage night, with disco balls, DJs, dance-offs and actors bringing scenes from the film to life amongst the audience.
The show runs at the Troxy in Limehouse from Saturday June 15 until Sunday July 7.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for over 18s cost £25 and £20 for concessions, see www.futurecinema.co.uk/tickets
- 1 Hackney man, 22, died struggling to breathe in prison cell for eight minutes
- 2 Man attacked with metal pole in Clapton
- 3 Hackney had worst knife crime rate in London, report finds
- 4 Dalston revealed as Hackney's top hotspot for weapons offences
- 5 Stats show rate of rise in Covid rates locally
- 6 Hackney sees house prices boom by more than 108 per cent over ten years
- 7 Hackney leaders welcome Mayor Khan's ULEZ expansion
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 What A Wonderful World: Hackney Choirs sing for climate action ahead of COP26
- 10 I’m terrible at golf. Can a Shoreditch centre help me improve?