Team behind Secret Cinema to stage Saturday Night Fever
- Credit: Archant
The gritty, glitzy 70s club world of Saturday Night Fever is the latest film being staged at The Troxy as part of the immersive Future Cinema experience.
Restored 1930s cinema, The Troxy, will be transformed into the Brooklyn disco club, the 2001 Odyssey, by the team behind the hugely-popular Secret Cinema.
While Secret Cinema film-buffs sign up not knowing what film they will see or where, Future Cinema provides the immersive experience without the mystery.
They are promising a colourful, dance-fuelled retro-vintage night, with disco balls, DJs, dance-offs and actors bringing scenes from the film to life amongst the audience.
The show runs at the Troxy in Limehouse from Saturday June 15 until Sunday July 7.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for over 18s cost £25 and £20 for concessions, see www.futurecinema.co.uk/tickets
- 1 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 4 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 5 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 6 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 7 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 8 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 9 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 10 New photography book celebrates Hackney’s residents of all ages