Team behind Secret Cinema to stage Saturday Night Fever
- Credit: Archant
The gritty, glitzy 70s club world of Saturday Night Fever is the latest film being staged at The Troxy as part of the immersive Future Cinema experience.
Restored 1930s cinema, The Troxy, will be transformed into the Brooklyn disco club, the 2001 Odyssey, by the team behind the hugely-popular Secret Cinema.
While Secret Cinema film-buffs sign up not knowing what film they will see or where, Future Cinema provides the immersive experience without the mystery.
They are promising a colourful, dance-fuelled retro-vintage night, with disco balls, DJs, dance-offs and actors bringing scenes from the film to life amongst the audience.
The show runs at the Troxy in Limehouse from Saturday June 15 until Sunday July 7.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for over 18s cost £25 and £20 for concessions, see www.futurecinema.co.uk/tickets
- 1 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 2 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 3 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 4 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 5 Hackney reviewing whether court ruling impacts low-traffic neighbourhoods
- 6 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 7 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 8 Restaurant owner delivers treats to Homerton Hospital
- 9 Bedroom pop producer 'owes success to Hackney's creative community'
- 10 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding