Live music: The Gold launch debut EP with headline show in Hoxton
- Credit: Archant
The Gold, an indie/alt/pop band hailing from Essex, reach a big milestone as they head to Hoxton Square Bar & Kitchen to celebrate the launch of their first EP – Lover – on Thursday August 30.
The three-track record was dropped on all major platforms on August 27 and now the band will showcase their sound at their gig on Thursday evening. Presented by Hot Vox, this album release show will feature the three main songs from the record and bring the vibe of alt 80s rock, big hooks and heartbreak along with the titular single.
Ever since their launch in 2016, the Essex-based group have been climbing the ladder of success. Following the release of their debut single Scream, The Gold were featured on BBC Introducing radio show and have been playing in some of the most renowned venues in London. This time it’s Hoxton.
As success came with hard work, the acclaimed fresh faces of the indie scene have since been awarded with BBC Introducing sound of 2017 in Essex, and were one of the industry choices in the New Blood Competition at the Isle of Wight Festival this year.
The band of five consists of frontman Joseph Butler on lead vocals and rhythm guitar, Daniel Thake on lead guitar, James Nunn on bass, Tom Hutchin on synths and Ross Hampton on drums. The group have been making music together since their schooldays. On top of their recent success, the prospect of a world tour is something that really drives them.
You may also want to watch:
The night will be a special one for the band as this show will be the most extended set they have ever played before. Fans can hear the new songs live for the first time, but the boys are also prepared with refreshed versions of their oldest hits. Make sure to head down to the bar early to get your hands on giveaways like limited edition t-shirts upon arrival.
The Gold at Hoxton Square Bar & Kitchen, Thursday August 30 from 7.30pm. Tickets, which are £5, are available at hoxtonsquarebar.com
- 1 Lower Clapton restaurant to hold free meals event for struggling people
- 2 Jealous Dalston murderer stabbed victim through his heart with scissors
- 3 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 4 Hackney mother seeks compensation after living with mice infestation
- 5 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 6 Olympic boxer joins fight to make vegetable poverty history in Hackney
- 7 Hackney Half marathon to go ahead amid uncertain Covid restrictions
- 8 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 9 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 10 Tributes paid to Hackney sports hero and coach Lloyd Cowan