The Tower Theatre Company: Damages
With more sordid revelations each week about Fleet Street’s phone hacking scandal, the Tower Theatre’s production of Damages is particularly timely.
Set in a tabloid newspaper office the witty play from the Shoreditch-based group sets the scene of a team of ruthless tabloid hacks with the scent of a story in their nostrils.
Three journalists desperate for the big headline have a scoop involving salacious shots of a children’s TV presenter.
As the clock – set in real time - ticks against them, the pace heats up, the temperature rises and the race is on to print the red-hot sexy story or…. decide that just because it may interest the public, is it really in the public interest?
The show runs at the Bridewell Theatre in Bride Lane, off Fleet Street from Tuesday 21 to Saturday 25 February at 7.45pm with a matinee on Saturday at 3pm.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets cost �12 online, �11 concessions and �10 members, with an extra �2 on each ticket paid for tickets bought at the door.
Call 020 7353 1700 or go to www.towertheatre.org.uk/boxo.htm
- 1 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 2 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 3 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 6 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 7 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 8 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 9 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 10 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers