The Tower Theatre Company: Damages
With more sordid revelations each week about Fleet Street’s phone hacking scandal, the Tower Theatre’s production of Damages is particularly timely.
Set in a tabloid newspaper office the witty play from the Shoreditch-based group sets the scene of a team of ruthless tabloid hacks with the scent of a story in their nostrils.
Three journalists desperate for the big headline have a scoop involving salacious shots of a children’s TV presenter.
As the clock – set in real time - ticks against them, the pace heats up, the temperature rises and the race is on to print the red-hot sexy story or…. decide that just because it may interest the public, is it really in the public interest?
The show runs at the Bridewell Theatre in Bride Lane, off Fleet Street from Tuesday 21 to Saturday 25 February at 7.45pm with a matinee on Saturday at 3pm.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets cost �12 online, �11 concessions and �10 members, with an extra �2 on each ticket paid for tickets bought at the door.
Call 020 7353 1700 or go to www.towertheatre.org.uk/boxo.htm
- 1 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 2 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 3 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 4 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 5 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 6 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 7 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 8 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 9 Hackney mum left with 'deep scars' after sexual assault at school
- 10 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney