The Tower Theatre Company: Damages
With more sordid revelations each week about Fleet Street’s phone hacking scandal, the Tower Theatre’s production of Damages is particularly timely.
Set in a tabloid newspaper office the witty play from the Shoreditch-based group sets the scene of a team of ruthless tabloid hacks with the scent of a story in their nostrils.
Three journalists desperate for the big headline have a scoop involving salacious shots of a children’s TV presenter.
As the clock – set in real time - ticks against them, the pace heats up, the temperature rises and the race is on to print the red-hot sexy story or…. decide that just because it may interest the public, is it really in the public interest?
The show runs at the Bridewell Theatre in Bride Lane, off Fleet Street from Tuesday 21 to Saturday 25 February at 7.45pm with a matinee on Saturday at 3pm.
Tickets cost �12 online, �11 concessions and �10 members, with an extra �2 on each ticket paid for tickets bought at the door.
Call 020 7353 1700 or go to www.towertheatre.org.uk/boxo.htm
- 1 EXCLUSIVE: Planet Organic responds to backlash about incoming Broadway Market store
- 2 Business owners concerned by twice-burgled Stamford Hill shop
- 3 Great Christmas markets in and around north London
- 4 South Hackney stabbing: Woman arrested and man left fighting for his life
- 5 'Shock and sadness' after news GP practice will close
- 6 Things to do in north London: Christmas markets, workshops and more this weekend
- 7 Chance of snow in London this weekend
- 8 Missing girl, 11, could be in Hackney
- 9 Worries at lights shutting off around Hackney
- 10 Port and pie pop-up coming to Shoreditch