Theatre preview: Cinderella: A Fairytale at The Unicorn
- Credit: Archant
A delightful retelling of the Grimm Brothers story sees Cinderella cast as a Tom Boy who climbs trees and wears a bowler hat, while the Prince is an asthmatic birdwatcher.
Cinderella: A Fairytale at The Unicorn also replaces the traditional Ugly Step Sisters with an ugly Brother and Sister.
The critically-acclaimed show, which was nominated for an Olivier Award, combines live music with dance and puppetry and is suitable for those aged six and over.
A spokeswoman said: “It is great fun but also in true Grimm tradition, dark and deliciously scary at times.”
The show runs at the Unicorn in Tooley Street, London Bridge, until Sunday January 5 2014.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets cost £22 for adults, £15 for concessions and under 21s, with a 20 per cent discount with the purchase of four tickets including one under 21s ticket.
On Friday December 13 and 20 December there will be a sleepover on the theatre’s stage following the show, with dinner and breakfast is included for £50.
- 1 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 2 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 3 This isn't a funny column - Covid killed my father
- 4 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 5 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 6 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
To book see www.unicorntheatre.com or call 020 7645 0560.