Theatre preview: Cinderella: A Fairytale at The Unicorn
- Credit: Archant
A delightful retelling of the Grimm Brothers story sees Cinderella cast as a Tom Boy who climbs trees and wears a bowler hat, while the Prince is an asthmatic birdwatcher.
Cinderella: A Fairytale at The Unicorn also replaces the traditional Ugly Step Sisters with an ugly Brother and Sister.
The critically-acclaimed show, which was nominated for an Olivier Award, combines live music with dance and puppetry and is suitable for those aged six and over.
A spokeswoman said: “It is great fun but also in true Grimm tradition, dark and deliciously scary at times.”
The show runs at the Unicorn in Tooley Street, London Bridge, until Sunday January 5 2014.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets cost £22 for adults, £15 for concessions and under 21s, with a 20 per cent discount with the purchase of four tickets including one under 21s ticket.
On Friday December 13 and 20 December there will be a sleepover on the theatre’s stage following the show, with dinner and breakfast is included for £50.
- 1 Hackney Wick bar and restaurant opens with Two More Years to go
- 2 Legendary east London graffiti pub to reopen after 26 years
- 3 How Homerton Hospital staff took on the virus in the first year of Covid
- 4 'They don't care,' says Hackney family living in mould-infested property
- 5 Stamford Hill North and Shoreditch hardest hit during Covid waves
- 6 Residents report losing sleep over Broadway Market drinkers and idling minicab engines
- 7 Gone in 60 seconds: Watch as 'keyless' thief steals Hackney car
- 8 New traffic measures as school brings pupils onto a single site
- 9 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 10 Letter: Facilities needed to make LTNs work
To book see www.unicorntheatre.com or call 020 7645 0560.