Theatre preview: Cinderella: A Fairytale at The Unicorn
- Credit: Archant
A delightful retelling of the Grimm Brothers story sees Cinderella cast as a Tom Boy who climbs trees and wears a bowler hat, while the Prince is an asthmatic birdwatcher.
Cinderella: A Fairytale at The Unicorn also replaces the traditional Ugly Step Sisters with an ugly Brother and Sister.
The critically-acclaimed show, which was nominated for an Olivier Award, combines live music with dance and puppetry and is suitable for those aged six and over.
A spokeswoman said: “It is great fun but also in true Grimm tradition, dark and deliciously scary at times.”
The show runs at the Unicorn in Tooley Street, London Bridge, until Sunday January 5 2014.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets cost £22 for adults, £15 for concessions and under 21s, with a 20 per cent discount with the purchase of four tickets including one under 21s ticket.
On Friday December 13 and 20 December there will be a sleepover on the theatre’s stage following the show, with dinner and breakfast is included for £50.
- 1 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 2 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 3 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 4 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 5 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 6 New Exhibition celebrates Hackney scenes
- 7 Hackney welcomes back eager gym-goers and swimmers
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets
- 10 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
To book see www.unicorntheatre.com or call 020 7645 0560.