Tortilla launches a new beef burrito filling with craft beer brewer Brooklyn Brewery
- Credit: © Giles Christopher / Media Wis
US craft beer brewer Brooklyn Brewery has teamed up with the Mexican chain Tortilla to make a tasty beef sauce.
The Brooklyn Barbacoa burrito is made with tender brisket that has been slow-cooked in Brooklyn lager and spices.
Tortilla is already one of my favourite fast-food experiences and somewhere I regularly frequent - mainly for the guacamole. With my kids in tow, we headed to the Dalston branch to check out the new flavour.
For those that aren't familiar, at Tortilla you can customise your burrito with spicy or coriander rice, black or pinto beans, fresh tomato salsa, spicy sauce, sour cream and cheese and a twist of lime.
I'm on the verge of becoming vegetarian, although I haven't yet made the leap - and tend to opt for the veggie grilled pepper filling. But I found the texture of the slow-cooked meat, akin to pulled pork, to be a tasty accompaniment to my large burrito.
You may also want to watch:
The Brooklyn Barbacoa Burrito comes with a Brooklyn beer as a special offer this month for £10.
- 1 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 2 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 3 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 4 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 5 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 6 New Exhibition celebrates Hackney scenes
- 7 Hackney welcomes back eager gym-goers and swimmers
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets
- 10 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12