Tortilla launches a new beef burrito filling with craft beer brewer Brooklyn Brewery
- Credit: © Giles Christopher / Media Wis
US craft beer brewer Brooklyn Brewery has teamed up with the Mexican chain Tortilla to make a tasty beef sauce.
The Brooklyn Barbacoa burrito is made with tender brisket that has been slow-cooked in Brooklyn lager and spices.
Tortilla is already one of my favourite fast-food experiences and somewhere I regularly frequent - mainly for the guacamole. With my kids in tow, we headed to the Dalston branch to check out the new flavour.
For those that aren't familiar, at Tortilla you can customise your burrito with spicy or coriander rice, black or pinto beans, fresh tomato salsa, spicy sauce, sour cream and cheese and a twist of lime.
I'm on the verge of becoming vegetarian, although I haven't yet made the leap - and tend to opt for the veggie grilled pepper filling. But I found the texture of the slow-cooked meat, akin to pulled pork, to be a tasty accompaniment to my large burrito.
You may also want to watch:
The Brooklyn Barbacoa Burrito comes with a Brooklyn beer as a special offer this month for £10.
- 1 Hackney acid attack: Man charged over 2019 assault which left two with life-changing injuries
- 2 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 3 Undercover Met officers may have infiltrated Hackney CND
- 4 Stoke Newington eatery voted favourite café by Gazette readers
- 5 Repair Shop's Jay Blades hosts bingo for older Londoners
- 6 Two of the best boozers in Hackney, voted for by readers
- 7 'It’s scandalous': Hackney LTN's £4m in fines in 18 months
- 8 Man who punched pregnant woman in Stamford Hill convicted
- 9 'Food delivery' youth in suspect Shoreditch drugs bust
- 10 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate