Tortilla launches a new beef burrito filling with craft beer brewer Brooklyn Brewery
- Credit: © Giles Christopher / Media Wis
US craft beer brewer Brooklyn Brewery has teamed up with the Mexican chain Tortilla to make a tasty beef sauce.
The Brooklyn Barbacoa burrito is made with tender brisket that has been slow-cooked in Brooklyn lager and spices.
Tortilla is already one of my favourite fast-food experiences and somewhere I regularly frequent - mainly for the guacamole. With my kids in tow, we headed to the Dalston branch to check out the new flavour.
For those that aren't familiar, at Tortilla you can customise your burrito with spicy or coriander rice, black or pinto beans, fresh tomato salsa, spicy sauce, sour cream and cheese and a twist of lime.
I'm on the verge of becoming vegetarian, although I haven't yet made the leap - and tend to opt for the veggie grilled pepper filling. But I found the texture of the slow-cooked meat, akin to pulled pork, to be a tasty accompaniment to my large burrito.
You may also want to watch:
The Brooklyn Barbacoa Burrito comes with a Brooklyn beer as a special offer this month for £10.
- 1 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 2 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 3 This isn't a funny column - Covid killed my father
- 4 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 5 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 6 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images