Underage Festival in Shoreditch cancelled due to ‘unforeseen circumstances’
A massive youth music festival in Shoreditch has been cancelled due to ‘unforeseen circumstances’.
Organisers announced that the Underage Festival in Shoreditch Park was shelved on Friday (July 27), just one month before headliner Devlin was set to take to the stage.
They said they were “incredibly sad” to cancel the nine hour festival for 13-18 year olds set to happen on August 31.
A statement on the festival website said: “It is with great sadness that we announce Underage Festival will no longer be taking place this year.”
Bosses said they had “no choice but to cancel the event” which had a line-up including Maverick Sabre, Hadouken!, Foals and Dry the River.
You may also want to watch:
“Unforeseen circumstances with our site hire contract mean we are no longer able to meet production levels and we do not want to risk the safety and smooth running of an event for 13-18 year olds.”
The festival usually takes place in Victoria Park but was moved to Shoreditch Park due to the Olympics.
- 1 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 2 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 3 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 4 Hackney reviewing whether court ruling impacts low-traffic neighbourhoods
- 5 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 6 Restaurant owner delivers treats to Homerton Hospital
- 7 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 8 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 9 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 10 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
Organisers vowed to be back in 2013 and be “bigger and better than ever before.”
Refunds are being offered to those who have bought tickets.