Underage Festival in Shoreditch cancelled due to ‘unforeseen circumstances’
A massive youth music festival in Shoreditch has been cancelled due to ‘unforeseen circumstances’.
Organisers announced that the Underage Festival in Shoreditch Park was shelved on Friday (July 27), just one month before headliner Devlin was set to take to the stage.
They said they were “incredibly sad” to cancel the nine hour festival for 13-18 year olds set to happen on August 31.
A statement on the festival website said: “It is with great sadness that we announce Underage Festival will no longer be taking place this year.”
Bosses said they had “no choice but to cancel the event” which had a line-up including Maverick Sabre, Hadouken!, Foals and Dry the River.
You may also want to watch:
“Unforeseen circumstances with our site hire contract mean we are no longer able to meet production levels and we do not want to risk the safety and smooth running of an event for 13-18 year olds.”
The festival usually takes place in Victoria Park but was moved to Shoreditch Park due to the Olympics.
- 1 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 2 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 3 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 4 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 5 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 6 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 7 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 8 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 9 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 10 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
Organisers vowed to be back in 2013 and be “bigger and better than ever before.”
Refunds are being offered to those who have bought tickets.