Underground buskers compete for hotel gig
Buskers on the London Underground are hoping for more than loose change as they compete for a live gig at a Liverpool Street hotel.
The Andaz Hotel’s Catch Champagne Bar is looking for two buskers to play at its ‘Music from the Underground’ night each Wednesday throughout April and May. The musicians will be chosen by public vote.
Arnaud de Saint-Exup�ry, the hotel’s general manager, said: “The nature of the Underground means people can’t stop for more than a few minutes.
“‘Music from the Underground’ is providing a rare platform on which London’s world-renowned buskers can showcase their talent to a wider, stationary audience.”
The gigs will be free but each performer will be paid. In the spirit of busking, audience members will be invited to leave a tip if they wish.
You may also want to watch:
Videos of the shortlisted buskers can be viewed at www.youtube.com/andazliverpoolstreet, where web users can vote for their favourite performers.
- 1 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 2 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 3 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 4 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 5 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 6 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 7 Hackney author speaks out against stop and search
- 8 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 9 Homerton High Street attack: Man in his 50s stabbed in the back
- 10 Woman arrested over London Fields shooting that left innocent bystander paralysed