Underground buskers compete for hotel gig
Buskers on the London Underground are hoping for more than loose change as they compete for a live gig at a Liverpool Street hotel.
The Andaz Hotel’s Catch Champagne Bar is looking for two buskers to play at its ‘Music from the Underground’ night each Wednesday throughout April and May. The musicians will be chosen by public vote.
Arnaud de Saint-Exup�ry, the hotel’s general manager, said: “The nature of the Underground means people can’t stop for more than a few minutes.
“‘Music from the Underground’ is providing a rare platform on which London’s world-renowned buskers can showcase their talent to a wider, stationary audience.”
The gigs will be free but each performer will be paid. In the spirit of busking, audience members will be invited to leave a tip if they wish.
You may also want to watch:
Videos of the shortlisted buskers can be viewed at www.youtube.com/andazliverpoolstreet, where web users can vote for their favourite performers.
- 1 Hackney man, 22, died struggling to breathe in prison cell for eight minutes
- 2 Stats show rate of rise in Covid rates locally
- 3 Man attacked with metal pole in Clapton
- 4 Study asks: why are canals and rivers a watery lifeline during pandemic?
- 5 Dalston revealed as Hackney's top hotspot for weapons offences
- 6 Hackney had worst knife crime rate in London, report finds
- 7 De Beauvoir residents to vote on estate regeneration in planning policy dry run
- 8 Hackney sees house prices boom by more than 108 per cent over ten years
- 9 I’m terrible at golf. Can a Shoreditch centre help me improve?
- 10 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack