Underground buskers compete for hotel gig
Buskers on the London Underground are hoping for more than loose change as they compete for a live gig at a Liverpool Street hotel.
The Andaz Hotel’s Catch Champagne Bar is looking for two buskers to play at its ‘Music from the Underground’ night each Wednesday throughout April and May. The musicians will be chosen by public vote.
Arnaud de Saint-Exup�ry, the hotel’s general manager, said: “The nature of the Underground means people can’t stop for more than a few minutes.
“‘Music from the Underground’ is providing a rare platform on which London’s world-renowned buskers can showcase their talent to a wider, stationary audience.”
The gigs will be free but each performer will be paid. In the spirit of busking, audience members will be invited to leave a tip if they wish.
You may also want to watch:
Videos of the shortlisted buskers can be viewed at www.youtube.com/andazliverpoolstreet, where web users can vote for their favourite performers.
- 1 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 2 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 3 Hackney remembers Prince Philip after his passing at age 99
- 4 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Former East Enders actor takes next career step as a film director
- 7 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 8 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 9 "Horrific" extent of River Lea plastic pollution at Hackney Marshes
- 10 Hackney mum left with 'deep scars' after sexual assault at school