United Chip, Clerkenwell Road: Putting a spin on the humble British chippy
- Credit: Justin De Souza
United Chip is the trendiest - and tastiest - fish and chip shop I’ve ever been to.
With a palette of pastel pinks and soft greys, modern fixed benches and retro neon signs, the brand puts a unique spin on the humble British chippy.
The restaurant and takeaway in Clerkenwell Road has been dreamed up by the team behind All Star Lanes. Sustainably-caught Atlantic cod, haddock or pollock come in batter made from Hackney beer brand 40FT, with three sizes to choose from. Prices start at £6.50 including the perfectly cripsy triple-cooked chips or frites.
Crab burgers, prawn burgers, battered Dingley Del Cumberland sausages and some of the best scampi I’ve ever had are also on the menu.
Tartare, sweet chili, Bangkok mayo and aioli sauces are all home made, unlimited and come in biodegradable plastic pots - boosting its eco-credentials. Drinks are a cut above, with craft beersand Dalston Soda soft drinks.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 2 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 3 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 4 Hackney reviewing whether court ruling impacts low-traffic neighbourhoods
- 5 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 6 Restaurant owner delivers treats to Homerton Hospital
- 7 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 8 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 9 Bedroom pop producer 'owes success to Hackney's creative community'
- 10 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding