United Chip, Clerkenwell Road: Putting a spin on the humble British chippy
- Credit: Justin De Souza
United Chip is the trendiest - and tastiest - fish and chip shop I’ve ever been to.
With a palette of pastel pinks and soft greys, modern fixed benches and retro neon signs, the brand puts a unique spin on the humble British chippy.
The restaurant and takeaway in Clerkenwell Road has been dreamed up by the team behind All Star Lanes. Sustainably-caught Atlantic cod, haddock or pollock come in batter made from Hackney beer brand 40FT, with three sizes to choose from. Prices start at £6.50 including the perfectly cripsy triple-cooked chips or frites.
Crab burgers, prawn burgers, battered Dingley Del Cumberland sausages and some of the best scampi I’ve ever had are also on the menu.
Tartare, sweet chili, Bangkok mayo and aioli sauces are all home made, unlimited and come in biodegradable plastic pots - boosting its eco-credentials. Drinks are a cut above, with craft beersand Dalston Soda soft drinks.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 2 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 3 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 4 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 7 Former East Enders actor takes next career step as a film director
- 8 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 9 Tote bags help tackle homelessness and addiction
- 10 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown