United Chip, Clerkenwell Road: Putting a spin on the humble British chippy
- Credit: Justin De Souza
United Chip is the trendiest - and tastiest - fish and chip shop I’ve ever been to.
With a palette of pastel pinks and soft greys, modern fixed benches and retro neon signs, the brand puts a unique spin on the humble British chippy.
The restaurant and takeaway in Clerkenwell Road has been dreamed up by the team behind All Star Lanes. Sustainably-caught Atlantic cod, haddock or pollock come in batter made from Hackney beer brand 40FT, with three sizes to choose from. Prices start at £6.50 including the perfectly cripsy triple-cooked chips or frites.
Crab burgers, prawn burgers, battered Dingley Del Cumberland sausages and some of the best scampi I’ve ever had are also on the menu.
Tartare, sweet chili, Bangkok mayo and aioli sauces are all home made, unlimited and come in biodegradable plastic pots - boosting its eco-credentials. Drinks are a cut above, with craft beersand Dalston Soda soft drinks.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Residents' parking spaces removed for Church Street LTN
- 2 Hackney Half runners prepare for the fitness festival weekend
- 3 Hackney's pie and mash house son featured on MasterChef
- 4 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 5 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 6 Hackney's Liam Dillion aims for vacant English super-featherweight title
- 7 Residents' thoughts on Stoke Newington Church Street LTN
- 8 Still no justice for Hackney flat party stabbing victim Elyon Poku
- 9 McDonald's boycott backed by Diane Abbott, Hackney MP
- 10 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate