Unsanctioned street art sculpture to sweep over London
- Credit: Archant
In Depth at Unit 5 Gallery is a collection of sculpture, installation and three dimensional works that shine a light on the world of street art sculpture, bringing together the work of more than 20 artists from around the globe.
Unit 5 Gallery, which opened only a few months ago, is starting the year with its first group exhibition.
In Depth is a collection of sculpture, installation and three dimensional works that shine a light on the world of street art sculpture, bringing together the work of more than 20 artists from around the globe.
Axel Void and Dont Fret contribute from the US, Jimmy C and Edwin from Australia and Push Crew and Ronzo from Denmark among many others.
Best known for his alphabet lettering, which you can see all over London, Ben Eine is one of the UK’s most familiar street artists. His work has given the name “Alphabet Street” to east London’s Middlesex Street
You may also want to watch:
He has even had one of his works presented as an official gift to the lately departed Barack Obama.
Other British artists joining him are Cityzen Kane, Jo Peel, Jonesy and Mark McClure whose work was featured in the Olympic Park project.
- 1 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 2 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 3 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 4 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 5 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 6 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 7 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 8 Hackney postal voters urged to reapply after cyber-attack
- 9 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
Leading up to the exhibition, the artists will conduct a series of organised and unofficial street projects across London, culminating in their filling the entirety of Unit 5 Gallery’s 1,600 square foot space with purpose built three dimensional pieces, computer game immersions and various other sculpture pieces to interact with.
The exhibition runs Feb 10 – Feb 26 at Unit 5 Gallery, Yorkton Street, E2 8NH