Unsanctioned street art sculpture to sweep over London
- Credit: Archant
In Depth at Unit 5 Gallery is a collection of sculpture, installation and three dimensional works that shine a light on the world of street art sculpture, bringing together the work of more than 20 artists from around the globe.
Unit 5 Gallery, which opened only a few months ago, is starting the year with its first group exhibition.
In Depth is a collection of sculpture, installation and three dimensional works that shine a light on the world of street art sculpture, bringing together the work of more than 20 artists from around the globe.
Axel Void and Dont Fret contribute from the US, Jimmy C and Edwin from Australia and Push Crew and Ronzo from Denmark among many others.
Best known for his alphabet lettering, which you can see all over London, Ben Eine is one of the UK’s most familiar street artists. His work has given the name “Alphabet Street” to east London’s Middlesex Street
You may also want to watch:
He has even had one of his works presented as an official gift to the lately departed Barack Obama.
Other British artists joining him are Cityzen Kane, Jo Peel, Jonesy and Mark McClure whose work was featured in the Olympic Park project.
- 1 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 2 Your Paper, Your Voice: We want to hear from you
- 3 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 Roads, Museum of the Home, Living Wage and child exploitation
- 6 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 7 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 8 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 9 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 10 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
Leading up to the exhibition, the artists will conduct a series of organised and unofficial street projects across London, culminating in their filling the entirety of Unit 5 Gallery’s 1,600 square foot space with purpose built three dimensional pieces, computer game immersions and various other sculpture pieces to interact with.
The exhibition runs Feb 10 – Feb 26 at Unit 5 Gallery, Yorkton Street, E2 8NH