The Vaccines front third annual LDN Block Party
- Credit: Archant
Indie band The Vaccines are to headline the third annual LDN Block Party, which takes over the Oval Space and its surrounding area for a feel-good celebration of street food, beer and live music on Saturday September 22.
The event has been put together by Goose Island, the craft brewery which marked its 30th anniversary this year. The brand’s first Block Party took place in their native Chicago six years ago, when they closed the road next to their brewery and threw an almighty knees-up.
Goose Island’s first Block Party on these shores took place at Red Market in 2016 and after another successful event last year at the same venue, the festivities have been switched to The Oval for their biggest communal party to date.
Josh Smith, the brewery’s European Brand Ambassador, says: “LDN Block Party is hands down one of the biggest and best highlight of the year for us.
“We are so excited for to be returning for a third time, we’ve got a new venue, the best music we have ever had and some very special beers that we can’t wait for people to try.
You may also want to watch:
“Block Party is our way of thanking our Goose Island drinkers and friends for being the great people they are, it’s our 30th birthday and we want you to come celebrate it with us.”
The Vaccines stormed on to scene with their high-energy, impossibly catchy indie rock in 2011 and arrive in east London having recently released their fourth album, Combat Sports.
- 1 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 2 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 3 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 4 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 5 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 6 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 7 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 8 Hackney author speaks out against stop and search
- 9 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 10 Homerton High Street attack: Man in his 50s stabbed in the back
Further performances on the day will come from lo-fi rock act Willie J Healey, three-piece female punk rock band Dream Wife and a set from singer-songwriter Laura Misch.
A memorable block party needs great beer, and Goose Island are rising to the occasion by bringing in a range of exclusive brews, some of which they have never brought across the Atlantic before. Beers on show include Goose IPA, Honkers Ale, 312 Urban Wheat Ale and the brand is also vowing to introduce “some of our more unusual Goose Island beers.”
To eat, LDN Block Party will serve up a platter of options including wood-fired pizzas from Born & Raised, burritos whipped up by Margo & Rita and burgers and BBQ treats from the back of a motorcycle thanks to Harley Dogs. There’s also talk of savoury doughnuts.
LDN Block Party takes place at Oval Space on Saturday September 22 between 3pm and 11pm. Tickets are available via eventbrite