Vintage tea and cake offering at speakeasy bar
LONDON’s vintage revival just keeps on coming with the launch of a new decadent afternoon tea event at a 40s-themed bar in Shoreditch.
Ninetyeight bar and lounge on Curtain Road launched Vintage Sundays this week with the speakeasy offering afternoon tea with an opulent twist to bring back glamour to tea drinking.
Teas and coffee will be infused with alcohol and dainty vintage cake stands will offer sweet treats for a glamorous Sunday afternoon occasion.
The bar has a decadent interior with vintage chairs, quirky lampshades and art on display which will make you feel truly indulgent. And to make sure you are glamorous enough for the occasion, vintage stylists the Diamond Dolls will be on hand for hair styling and make-up whether you are after a beehive or sixties curls.
For those needing some alcoholic relief the day after the night before, the Pernod absinthe fountain will also offer a drinking ritual dating back to the 19th century.
You may also want to watch:
But for those in need of more gentle treatment, vintage maids will serve up the tea and cakes to a backdrop of wartime tunes and old Hollywood films.
The experience costs �25. See www.ninetyeight-bar-lounge.com.
- 1 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 2 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 3 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 4 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 5 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 6 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 7 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 8 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 9 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 10 Tote bags help tackle homelessness and addiction