'Spine-chilling ghost story' coming to the Park Theatre
- Credit: Michael Wharley
"Dark pasts, disturbing truths and unforgettable terrors" are at the centre of a ghost story coming to the Park Theatre this summer.
When Darkness Falls opens at the Finsbury Park venue on August 18, running until September 4.
It features effects by one of the team behind Harry Potter and The Cursed Child.
Written by James Milton and Paul Morrissey, the play is set on Guernsey, where teacher John Blondel runs the island’s only historical society. As part of the society’s weekly vlog, a young writer who has been researching the island’s mysterious and frightening folklore, has been invited to give a talk. As his seemingly innocent stories unfold – many based on true events – it isn’t long before they reveal disturbing truths and unforgettable terrors.
Returning to the theatre after playing the Prime Minister in the sell-out run of The Last Temptation of Boris Johnson, Will Barton stars as John Blondel and Alex Phelps is The Speaker.
The production is directed by Paul Morrissey and will follow its London run with a tour to Theatre Royal Winchester, MAST Mayflower Studios in Southampton, and the Yvonne Arnaud Theatre in Guildford.
Will Barton’s theatre credits include The Libertine (Theatre Royal Haymarket) and Toast (Park Theatre and New York). He also played Boris Johnson in the 2017 BBC 2 drama Theresa V Boris, and other television includes A Confession, Vanity Fair and two series of How Do You Want Me?.
- 1 Man in 'life-threatening' condition after Hackney shooting
- 2 Polio virus found in Hackney as vaccine rollout announced
- 3 Hackney brain tumour patient mum raises money for hospice
- 4 'The 214 to Provence: Where catching a London bus can take you'
- 5 Hospital trust bucks national trend by recruiting more UK medical staff
- 6 Ongoing gas leak after fire and explosion in Shoreditch
- 7 How to see the last supermoon of the year this weekend
- 8 Polio: Symptoms, vaccines and what you need to know
- 9 Campaign launched for young people anxious about A Level and GSCE results
- 10 Hackney Central: 25 flee from flats as fire breaks out in shop below
Alex Phelps’s theatre work includes Sir Andrew Aguecheek in Twelfth Night and Reynaldo/Priest in Hamlet (both Shakespeare's Rose Theatre), as well as acting as the understudy for the lead.
The illusions in When Darkness Falls are designed by John Bulleid, an Associate of the Inner Magic Circle with Silver Star, whose other theatre credits include Harry Potter and The Cursed Child at the Palace Theatre; the National Theatre's The Ocean At The End Of The Lane; and The Prince of Egypt at the Dominion Theatre.