Wonderful World of Hugh Hughes at the Barbican
EMERGING Welsh artist Hugh Hughes takes his Wonderful World to the Barbican this month.
The warm-hearted, wide-eyed performer welcomes all into his world with the first ever retrospective of his three hit theatre shows, Floating, Story of a Rabbit and 360.
The trilogy is accompanied by 360+, a series of illuminating events led by Hughes himself and the launch of The Wonderful World online with multi-layered insight and perspective on Hughes and his endeavours.
Hugh Hughes has become a global phenomenon since leaving his small home town Llangefni. He is a regular collaborator with theatre company Hoipolloi, who discovered the emerging Welsh artist in 2004 and have developed and toured his work since.
All three of his personal yet imaginative shows opened to acclaim at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe and have enjoyed worldwide success, including a sold-out run at the Sydney Opera House and visits to festivals in the USA, Colombia, Finland, Singapore and Russia.
You may also want to watch:
The Wonderful World of Hugh Hughes is on in the Barbican Pit from Wednesday (September 8) until Saturday, October 2.
Tickets cost �15 for individual shows or �33 for all three from www.barbican.org.uk or 020 7638 8891.
- 1 Fears soft play centre Kidzmania could be at threat due to flats plan
- 2 Residents' thoughts on Stoke Newington Church Street LTN
- 3 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 4 McDonald's boycott backed by Diane Abbott, Hackney MP
- 5 Hackney Half runners prepare for the fitness festival weekend
- 6 Five things to do in Hackney and Islington this weekend (September 25-56)
- 7 A sneak peak of what's in store for Black History Season in Hackney
- 8 Letter on LTN scheme in Stoke Newington
- 9 Sadiq Khan urged to denounce £1.2bn Edmonton incinerator
- 10 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate