Wonderful World of Hugh Hughes at the Barbican
EMERGING Welsh artist Hugh Hughes takes his Wonderful World to the Barbican this month.
The warm-hearted, wide-eyed performer welcomes all into his world with the first ever retrospective of his three hit theatre shows, Floating, Story of a Rabbit and 360.
The trilogy is accompanied by 360+, a series of illuminating events led by Hughes himself and the launch of The Wonderful World online with multi-layered insight and perspective on Hughes and his endeavours.
Hugh Hughes has become a global phenomenon since leaving his small home town Llangefni. He is a regular collaborator with theatre company Hoipolloi, who discovered the emerging Welsh artist in 2004 and have developed and toured his work since.
All three of his personal yet imaginative shows opened to acclaim at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe and have enjoyed worldwide success, including a sold-out run at the Sydney Opera House and visits to festivals in the USA, Colombia, Finland, Singapore and Russia.
You may also want to watch:
The Wonderful World of Hugh Hughes is on in the Barbican Pit from Wednesday (September 8) until Saturday, October 2.
Tickets cost �15 for individual shows or �33 for all three from www.barbican.org.uk or 020 7638 8891.
- 1 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 2 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 Hackney police commander calls on community to "play its part" in crime prevention
- 5 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 6 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 7 Newington Green's Meeting House to stream concert series for Mary Wollstonecraft's 262nd Birthday
- 8 Calls for black women's voices to also be heard in light of Sarah Everard death
- 9 ‘We are still human’: homeless households speak out over living conditions
- 10 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space