Wonderful World of Hugh Hughes at the Barbican
EMERGING Welsh artist Hugh Hughes takes his Wonderful World to the Barbican this month.
The warm-hearted, wide-eyed performer welcomes all into his world with the first ever retrospective of his three hit theatre shows, Floating, Story of a Rabbit and 360.
The trilogy is accompanied by 360+, a series of illuminating events led by Hughes himself and the launch of The Wonderful World online with multi-layered insight and perspective on Hughes and his endeavours.
Hugh Hughes has become a global phenomenon since leaving his small home town Llangefni. He is a regular collaborator with theatre company Hoipolloi, who discovered the emerging Welsh artist in 2004 and have developed and toured his work since.
All three of his personal yet imaginative shows opened to acclaim at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe and have enjoyed worldwide success, including a sold-out run at the Sydney Opera House and visits to festivals in the USA, Colombia, Finland, Singapore and Russia.
You may also want to watch:
The Wonderful World of Hugh Hughes is on in the Barbican Pit from Wednesday (September 8) until Saturday, October 2.
Tickets cost �15 for individual shows or �33 for all three from www.barbican.org.uk or 020 7638 8891.
- 1 Lower Clapton restaurant to hold free meals event for struggling people
- 2 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 3 Jealous Dalston murderer stabbed victim through his heart with scissors
- 4 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 5 Hackney mother seeks compensation after living with mice infestation
- 6 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 7 Parents raise thousands for home-learning supplies in Hackney and London
- 8 Community lifelines: Volunteer 'superheroes' feed Hackney people in need
- 9 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 10 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse