Yard Sale: Brooklyn pizza chef Frank Pinello brings his trademark white pie to London
- Credit: © Deidre Schoo
You won’t be leaving your pizza crusts behind when it comes to Yard Sale’s latest guest chef collaboration.
For it’s the sesame seed offering on Frank’s White Pie – the signature classic from Frank Pinello, the founder of the renowned Best Pizza in Brooklyn – that elevates it to truly memorable status.
Combined with the topping of caramelised onions, featherlight whipped ricotta and pecorino shavings, it makes for a simple yet compelling combination.
The absence of tomato might not please pizza purists but this is chance to try a bonafide New York classic without leaving north London (or even your house, if you opt for delivery).
Anyway, back to those crusts – these are a crispy wonder so get some delicious dips handy. The hickory smoked BBQ, garlic herb and chilli oil would all make a good pairing, or why not opt for a selection?
You may also want to watch:
Frank’s white pie is available at all Yard Sale shops until 31 August.
- 1 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 2 Students earn scholarships at top schools worth £150,000
- 3 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 4 £5.75m investment agreed for "historic" Clapton leisure centre
- 5 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 6 Vacant Grade I-listed Shoreditch church to be restored and revamped
- 7 Dangerously overloaded vans leaving New Spitalfields Market taken off the road
- 8 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 9 Hackney residents plan to make noise for more representative voting systems
- 10 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted