Yard Sale: Brooklyn pizza chef Frank Pinello brings his trademark white pie to London
- Credit: © Deidre Schoo
You won’t be leaving your pizza crusts behind when it comes to Yard Sale’s latest guest chef collaboration.
For it’s the sesame seed offering on Frank’s White Pie – the signature classic from Frank Pinello, the founder of the renowned Best Pizza in Brooklyn – that elevates it to truly memorable status.
Combined with the topping of caramelised onions, featherlight whipped ricotta and pecorino shavings, it makes for a simple yet compelling combination.
The absence of tomato might not please pizza purists but this is chance to try a bonafide New York classic without leaving north London (or even your house, if you opt for delivery).
Anyway, back to those crusts – these are a crispy wonder so get some delicious dips handy. The hickory smoked BBQ, garlic herb and chilli oil would all make a good pairing, or why not opt for a selection?
You may also want to watch:
Frank’s white pie is available at all Yard Sale shops until 31 August.
- 1 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 2 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 3 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 4 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 5 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 6 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 7 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 8 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space
- 9 Hackney service remembers Prince Philip, 'rock of the nation'
- 10 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover