Yard Sale: Brooklyn pizza chef Frank Pinello brings his trademark white pie to London
- Credit: © Deidre Schoo
You won’t be leaving your pizza crusts behind when it comes to Yard Sale’s latest guest chef collaboration.
For it’s the sesame seed offering on Frank’s White Pie – the signature classic from Frank Pinello, the founder of the renowned Best Pizza in Brooklyn – that elevates it to truly memorable status.
Combined with the topping of caramelised onions, featherlight whipped ricotta and pecorino shavings, it makes for a simple yet compelling combination.
The absence of tomato might not please pizza purists but this is chance to try a bonafide New York classic without leaving north London (or even your house, if you opt for delivery).
Anyway, back to those crusts – these are a crispy wonder so get some delicious dips handy. The hickory smoked BBQ, garlic herb and chilli oil would all make a good pairing, or why not opt for a selection?
You may also want to watch:
Frank’s white pie is available at all Yard Sale shops until 31 August.
- 1 Hackney had worst knife crime rate in London, report finds
- 2 Dalston revealed as Hackney's top hotspot for weapons offences
- 3 Hackney sees house prices boom by more than 108 per cent over ten years
- 4 'I think religion is a way for people to live meaningfully together': New Rabbi embraces Stoke Newington
- 5 How Hackney are you? Try our quiz
- 6 Five things to do in Hackney and Islington this Halloween weekend
- 7 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Clapton: Hunt for metal pole after man badly injured
- 10 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack