Yard Sale: Brooklyn pizza chef Frank Pinello brings his trademark white pie to London
- Credit: © Deidre Schoo
You won’t be leaving your pizza crusts behind when it comes to Yard Sale’s latest guest chef collaboration.
For it’s the sesame seed offering on Frank’s White Pie – the signature classic from Frank Pinello, the founder of the renowned Best Pizza in Brooklyn – that elevates it to truly memorable status.
Combined with the topping of caramelised onions, featherlight whipped ricotta and pecorino shavings, it makes for a simple yet compelling combination.
The absence of tomato might not please pizza purists but this is chance to try a bonafide New York classic without leaving north London (or even your house, if you opt for delivery).
Anyway, back to those crusts – these are a crispy wonder so get some delicious dips handy. The hickory smoked BBQ, garlic herb and chilli oil would all make a good pairing, or why not opt for a selection?
You may also want to watch:
Frank’s white pie is available at all Yard Sale shops until 31 August.
- 1 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 2 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 3 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 4 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 5 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 6 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 7 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 8 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 9 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 10 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images