Yard Sale’s latest collaborative pizza Thai Society – with Farang – is best yet
- Credit: Archant
Some of the ingredients on Yard Sale’s new collaborative effort Thai Society are unusual for most dishes - let alone a pizza.
But anyone who feared the sticky soy pork belly, sesame-lime ricotta, spring onions and picked ginger mix would result in an overload of flavours needn’t worry.
The team at Islington’s Michelin guide Thai street food joint Farang know what they’re doing, and so too do Yard Sale.
Topped off with pumpkin seeds on a burnt chilli tomato base, Thai Society is a surprisingly light pizza thanks in no small part to the tender slow cooked pork. The zingy ginger and spring onions are complemented by the soft and creamy ricotta so well that you’re left wondering why Thai pizzas aren’t more of a thing.
It really does offer the best of both worlds and it claims the title of the best collaboration Yard Sale has dished out so far. It should be made a permanent option but for now it’s only on the menu until November 7.
You may also want to watch:
Yard Sale is also offering a free meal for two at both Yard Sale and Farang, exclusively in the Gazette.
Enter your details here by midday on Friday for a chance to win.
- 1 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 2 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 5 Hackney police commander calls on community to "play its part" in crime prevention
- 6 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 7 Newington Green's Meeting House to stream concert series for Mary Wollstonecraft's 262nd Birthday
- 8 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space
- 9 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 10 ‘We are still human’: homeless households speak out over living conditions