There With You: Kebab chain serves up free meals to Homerton Hospital staff
- Credit: Archant
An East Ham kebab chain has delivered 100 free meals to workers at Homerton Hospital battling coronavirus on the frontline.
German Doner Kebab (GDK) on High Street donated the food as part of the brand’s nationwide campaign to serve up 30,000 meals to NHS workers and vulnerable people in isolation.
This UK pledge supports Deliveroo’s commitment to provide 500,000 meals to the same groups.
Staff at GDK in East Ham also drew hearts on all the packages for Homerton staff.
Imran Sayed, GDK’s chief executive, said: “This a brilliant initiative we’re so proud to be part of and we hope we bring some happiness to every amazing NHS worker that receives a GDK delivery from Deliveroo.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re glad that our GDK family can play a part in helping the country during this time and seeing the response so far has been truly heartwarming, we can’t thank the NHS enough for the heroic work they are doing to get us through the Covid-19 crisis.”
Or to find more groups, networks and organisations like this in Hackney providing support during the Coronavirus lockdown visit our There With You Essential List.
- 1 Queens Birthday Honours List 2021: MP Meg Hillier and poet Lemn Sissay among those recognised
- 2 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 3 Woman accused of murdering man in Hackney appears in court
- 4 5 great places in north London to watch England's Euro 2020 campaign
- 5 Diane Abbott to join 'Geffrye Must Fall' protest at museum reopening
- 6 Ridley Road market mask hero helps Hackney people through the pandemic
- 7 Hackney could lose Dalston ward to Islington under proposed redrawing of electoral map
- 8 The Museum of the Home 'welcomes peaceful protest' over Geffrye statue
- 9 Woman charged with murder after Stamford Hill fatal stabbing
- 10 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas