There With You: Kebab chain serves up free meals to Homerton Hospital staff
- Credit: Archant
An East Ham kebab chain has delivered 100 free meals to workers at Homerton Hospital battling coronavirus on the frontline.
German Doner Kebab (GDK) on High Street donated the food as part of the brand’s nationwide campaign to serve up 30,000 meals to NHS workers and vulnerable people in isolation.
This UK pledge supports Deliveroo’s commitment to provide 500,000 meals to the same groups.
Staff at GDK in East Ham also drew hearts on all the packages for Homerton staff.
Imran Sayed, GDK’s chief executive, said: “This a brilliant initiative we’re so proud to be part of and we hope we bring some happiness to every amazing NHS worker that receives a GDK delivery from Deliveroo.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re glad that our GDK family can play a part in helping the country during this time and seeing the response so far has been truly heartwarming, we can’t thank the NHS enough for the heroic work they are doing to get us through the Covid-19 crisis.”
Or to find more groups, networks and organisations like this in Hackney providing support during the Coronavirus lockdown visit our There With You Essential List.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 4 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 5 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 6 Hackney school pupils bag top spots in national architecture competition
- 7 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 8 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 9 Union votes to strike over cuts at Hackney schools
- 10 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service