There With You: Kebab chain serves up free meals to Homerton Hospital staff
- Credit: Archant
An East Ham kebab chain has delivered 100 free meals to workers at Homerton Hospital battling coronavirus on the frontline.
German Doner Kebab (GDK) on High Street donated the food as part of the brand’s nationwide campaign to serve up 30,000 meals to NHS workers and vulnerable people in isolation.
This UK pledge supports Deliveroo’s commitment to provide 500,000 meals to the same groups.
Staff at GDK in East Ham also drew hearts on all the packages for Homerton staff.
Imran Sayed, GDK’s chief executive, said: “This a brilliant initiative we’re so proud to be part of and we hope we bring some happiness to every amazing NHS worker that receives a GDK delivery from Deliveroo.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re glad that our GDK family can play a part in helping the country during this time and seeing the response so far has been truly heartwarming, we can’t thank the NHS enough for the heroic work they are doing to get us through the Covid-19 crisis.”
Or to find more groups, networks and organisations like this in Hackney providing support during the Coronavirus lockdown visit our There With You Essential List.
- 1 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 7 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 8 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 9 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 10 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets