Hackney drummers celebrate NHS’s 72nd birthday with street performance on Haggerston Road
- Credit: One Drum Foundation
A Hackney community drumming group celebrated the NHS’s 72nd birthday with a street performance on Haggerston Road.
One Drum Foundation drew in a socially distanced crowd with music, dance and an acrobatic fire eating performance.
The event held on honour of the NHS formed part of the country’s “biggest-ever” thankyou to the service and its staff who have worked tirelessly during Covid-19 crisis.
Prerana Issar, Chief People Officer for NHS England, said: “The support the NHS has received from the public during this pandemic has been truly overwhelming, and this is a great way to celebrate the 1.5 million NHS staff and volunteers who have worked tirelessly during the past few months to help patients and their families.”
The drummers’ sang happy birthday to the NHS and their performance ended with a final Clap for Carers and toast.
You may also want to watch:
Abass Dodoo, founder and CEO of One-Drum Foundation said the celebration was “amazing”.
He told the Gazette: “The performance went really well. The [crowd] enjoyed it so much it made it difficult for us to stop.”
- 1 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 2 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 3 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 4 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 5 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 6 'Betrayal of Tottenham Hotspur': fans slam European Super League plan
- 7 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 8 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 9 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 10 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
One Drum also honoured frontline workers outside Homerton Hospital in May.
Visit @onedrumrhythms on www,.facebook.com to watch the full event or click here.