Hackney GP practice sets up virtual retreat to help people through coronavirus lockdown
- Credit: Richmond Road Medical Centre
A Hackney GP practice is offering free online yoga, meditation and fitness classes to help people through lockdown.
Richmond Road Medical Centre in Dalston has organised the virtual retreat called Be the Best You with mindfulness and wellness platform Reworked.
Sessions will run over the span of three weeks during November and December, with plans to continue into the new year.
Richmond Road Medical Centre partner, Dr Gopal Mehta, said the idea was part of the practice’s long-standing commitment to promote alternative and holistic treatments alongside traditional medicine.
He said: “We want to reach people who may be struggling at home during lock down.
You may also want to watch:
“With all the pressures people are going through, we hope the retreat sessions can really help. Many people don’t have the chance to get out into open spaces for now.
“We hope this gives people a chance to try something different, that they can do at home, to really boost their physical wellbeing and mental health.”
- 1 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 2 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 3 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 4 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 5 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 6 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 7 Hackney reviewing whether court ruling impacts low-traffic neighbourhoods
- 8 Restaurant owner delivers treats to Homerton Hospital
- 9 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 10 Bedroom pop producer 'owes success to Hackney's creative community'
The retreat will focus on improving mental and physical health during the ongoing coronavirus crisis by reducing stress and increasing motivation to develop new and healthy habits.
Sessions are open to all and people can join via online video calls.
For more information click here