There With You: London Fields’ Forest Road Brewing Company creates lockdown lager to support NHS
- Credit: Forest Road Brewing Co.
An independent Hackney Brewery is offering drinkers the chance to help the NHS by donating £1 for every bottle of its latest brew sold.
The Forest Road brewery, bar and taproom near London Fields has launched a lager called Stay Home to support NHS staff during the coronavirus lockdown.
Owner Pete Brown says the idea came to him when he was delivering to Homerton University Hospital last month.
He told the Gazette: “We dropped off 650 beers to say thank you for the amazing efforts of staff there, and it made me think we should do more and on a bigger level.
“So I scrambled round, getting everyone involved in the brewing and packaging of our beers on board.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s really important right now to show our support for NHS staff. They’re Britain’s national heroes.”
The beer is a 3.9 per cent pale lager created in collaboration with north-eastern brewery based in Hartlepool called Camerons.
- 1 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
- 2 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 3 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 4 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney
- 5 ‘People hit the deck’ - Londoners stunned by fighter jet flyover
- 6 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 7 Planet Organic to open in Broadway Market despite thousands of signatures in protest
- 8 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 9 Boiling Point: The film shot in one take inside a Hackney restaurant
- 10 Woman battered Hackney Wetherspoons with axe as customers hid inside
Some 15,000 bottles have been made so far meaning Forest Road expects to donate £15,000 to Britain’s hardworking NHS staff.
“I know it’s not a lot by NHS standards, but it’s great to think we’re doing something to help during this crazy situation,” said Pete. He says more beers will be brewed if Stay Home proves popular.
“At a time like this it’s easy to feel helpless, but there are little ways in which each of us can do something to help in the battle against COVID-19. Two crucial ways: stay at home and drink this beer!” said Pete.
Buy Stay Home here.
Or to find more groups, networks and organisations like this in Hackney providing support during the coronavirus lockdown visit our There With You Essential List.